下面是关于词语all的英语习语和表达。每个习语或表达后面都有定义解释,以及两个例子来帮助你理解这些关于work的常见习语表达。

1.All-nighter

Definition: do something (for instance a study session) that lasts all night

整晚的时间都用来做某事(例如学习)

We pulled an all-nighter to get ready for the exam.

我们为了准备考试而通宵复习。

The graduation party was an all-nighter.

毕业聚会持续了一整晚。

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull an all-nighter to get the report ready for tomorrow.

我恐怕得花一整晚的时间来准备明天的报告了。

2.All over something

Definition: very fond of something

喜欢做某事

He's all over the latest fashions.

他对最新的时装非常感兴趣。

Peter's all over antique furniture.

皮特非常喜欢古典家具。

I'm all over that author's works.

我非常喜欢这位作家的作品。

3.All right (!)

Definition: Yes, okay, fine

是,好,好的。

That's all right by me!

我没问题!

All right! I got an A+ on my term paper.

太好了!我的期末报告得了一个A。

I think he's all right with the changes we foresee.

我认为他能够应付我们预见的这些变化。

4.All shook up

Definition: extremely excited, worried, or disturbed about something

因为某事而感到极度兴奋、焦急或不安

He's all shook up about his mother's illness.

他非常担心母亲的病。

Wow! I'm all shook up about Alice.

哇!爱丽丝真是太让我激动了!

I don't want you to get all shook up over the news.

我不想你因为这个消息而不安。

5.All that and then some

Definition: even more than what has been mentioned

甚至还不止于此

He did all that and then some to get the new job.

为了得到这份新工作,他付出了很多。

Yes, that's right. All that and then some!

没错,就是这样。远不止于此。

I think he'll do all that and then some in order to get the company back on its feet.

为了重整公司,我认为他付出的远不止于此。

6.All the way (with go)

Definition: do something completely

彻底完成某事

He's going all the way for the scholarship.

他从头到尾就是为了奖学金。

We went all the way to California on our vacation.

我们假期去了加利福利亚。

I think you can go all the way to finals in this competition.

我觉得你可以进入比赛的总决赛。

7.Dash it all!

Definition: expression used when very upset

心情糟糕时使用的表达

Dash it all! I didn't do very well.

真糟糕!我没做好!

Dash it all! She can't come this weekend.

真糟糕!这周末她来不了。

I'm afraid the position didn't work out. Dash it all!

我恐怕要饭碗不保了。真糟糕!

8.For all I know

Definition: based on what I know (usually expressing displeasure)

就我所知(常用来表达不满)

For all I know, he'll come and win the prize.

就我所知,他会来赢得这个奖项的。

They've decided to hire Jack for all I know.

据我所知,他们决定解雇杰克。

For all he knows, she wants to get married.

据他所知,她想结婚了。

9.Free for all

Definition: crazy, non-restricted activity (generally a fight)

狂热的,不受限制的活动(一般为斗殴)

It was a free for all! Everyone went crazy!

太混乱了!每个人都疯了!

They stepped in to break up the free for all.

他们一进来就疯了般地打碎东西。

Black Friday is generally a free for all that I try to avoid.

黑色星期五太疯狂了,我唯恐避之不及。

10.Have it all together

Definition: be very poised, successful

非常镇定的,成功的

He has it all together. The house, the wife, the kids, the great job - everything!

他是个人生赢家。房子、老婆、孩子、好工作——他全都有了!

I was very impressed with the candidate. She seemed to have it all together.

我对那个候选人印象很深。她似乎是一个非常成功的人。

I hope the new recruit has it all together. We need a team player.

我希望新来的是一个优秀的人。我们需要是团队成员。

11.Hold all the aces

Definition: have all the advantages

占优势地位

Unfortunately, Tom holds all the aces right now. You'll have to do what he says.

不幸的是,现在占上风的是汤姆。你不得不按他说的做。

I'm holding all the aces so I can do whatever I want.

我现在要风得风,想做什么就做什么。

I'm afraid this is a situation in which you don't hold all the aces.

恐怕你现在处于劣势地位。

12.Know all the angles

Definition: be very clever about something

对某事非常了解

Jack knows all the angles. Be careful!

杰克非常懂行。小心点!

The salesman knew all the angles, and by the end of our talk I had bought a new computer!

售货员是个懂行的人。聊到最后,我买了一台新电脑。

If you need some help with math talk to Peter. He knows all the angles.

如果你数学有问题可以让皮特帮忙。他数学很强。

13.Know it all

Definition: someone who seems to know everything and lets everybody know that he / she knows everything, used in a negative sense

某人似乎想让别人知道自己无所不知,常用于否定意义。

I know you think you are a know it all, but you don't know everything.

我知道,你觉得自己无所不知,但你其实什么都不知道。

I hate Tom. He's such a know it all in class.

我讨厌汤姆。他在班上自以为什么都知道似的。

Don't think you know it all.

不要以为你是无所不知的。

14.Not all there

Definition: not intelligent, not completely focused on an activity

不聪明,活动中注意力不太集中

I'm afraid Peter is not all there. He needs some help badly.

我恐怕皮特有点神志不清。他非常需要一些帮助。

Unfortunately, I was not all there and lost the final match.

不幸的是,我心不在焉,导致决赛失利。

Be quiet. The boss is not all there today. Give him plenty of room.

安静点。老板今天状态不太好。给他足够的空间吧。

15.Of all the nerve!

Definition: expression of anger at someone's behavior

表达对某人的行为非常愤怒

Of all the nerve! Did you see how that woman treated me?

气死我了!你看到那个女人是怎么对我的吗?

Of all the nerve! She took my seat!

气死我了!她占了我的座位!

You didn't buy him a present?! Of all the nerve! That guy has always treated you well.

你没给他买礼物?!气死我了!他一直对你那么好。

16.Once and for all

Definition: finally (usually putting an end to something)

最后(常用于结束某事)

I'm going to stop his behavior once and for all!

我要彻底终止他的行为!

Let's get this over once and for all.

彻底结束

I'd like to review the grammar one more time. Hopefully, this will make it clear once and for all.

我想在复习一次语法。希望能彻底弄明白。

17.Pull out all the stops

Definition: make every possible effort to do something

全力以赴做某事

He pulled out all the stops on the exam.

他全力以赴准备考试。

We're going to pull out all the stops on our presentation.

我们尽一切努力准备陈述。

I'd like to throw a huge party that pulls out all the stops.

我全力以赴准备一个盛大的派对。

18.You can't win them all.

Definition: expression of acceptance after a loss or disappointment

表示在沮丧和失望后接受事实

Well, you can't win them all. Let's go home.

好吧,你不可能总是成功的。回家吧。

You did your best. You can't win them all.

你已经尽力了。一个人不可能事事成功的。

I tried to get the job, but I didn't. You can't win them all.

我试图得到那份工作,但失败了。一个人不可能事事成功的。

推荐文章

初一生活是首歌作文【精选5篇】

在我们平凡的日常里,作文根据写作时限的不同可以分为限时...

读书·书单:《网红养成记 》作者:吴清缘

基本信息书名:网红养成记作者:吴清缘标签:小说 社会 ...

评论区(暂无评论)

我要评论

昵称
邮箱
网址
0/200
没有评论
可按 ESC 键退出搜索

0 篇文章已搜寻到~