2020高考新型肺炎相关话题英语作文:倡议书——从小事做起共战疫情
倡议书——从小事做起共战疫情 假定你是学生会主席李华,...
1. hit the right note /strike the right note
1.说得恰当
If you hit the right note, you speak or act in a way that has a positive effect on people.
如果你说话得体恰当,你的言行对人有积极的影响。
I don’t know how he managed to do it, but he just struck the right note and the meeting ended really positively, even the boss looked pleased!
我不知道他是怎么做到的,但他只是说话恰当得体,会议结束得非常积极,即使是老板看起来也很高兴!
2. blow your own trumpt/ blow your own horn / toot your own horn
2.自吹自擂
When someone boasts about their own talents, abilities and achievements.
当有人吹嘘自己的才能、能力和成就时。
Well, you’re very good at blowing your own trumpet, you just never seem to prove it!
好吧,你很擅长自吹自擂,你似乎从未证明过任何事!
3. it takes two/ to tango
3.一个巴掌拍不响
This is used to suggest that when things go wrong, both sides are involved and neither party is completely innocent.
这就意味着,当事情出了问题,双方都参与其中,任何一方都不完全是无辜的。
I know you saw what he did, but it takes two to tango, they are both equally to blame.
我知道你看到了他所做的,但是探戈需要两个人,他们都要承担同样的责任。
4. fit as a fiddle
4.非常健康
This is used to describe someone who is in perfect health.
这是用来形容一个人非常健康。
It’s unbelievable. He must be at least 80 but he’s as fit as a fiddle!
真是难以置信。他一定至少80岁了,但他非常健康!
5. with bells on
5.不折不扣的,十足的
This means to arrive somewhere happy and delighted to attend.
这意味达到了非常强烈的欲望。
Yes, I’m going to the party too, I’ll be there with bells on!
是的,我也要去参加聚会,我会非常想去的!
6. like a broken record
6.喋喋不休
Used to describe someone who keeps talking about the same story over and over again.
用来形容一个人一遍又一遍地谈论同一个故事。
Would you please stop going on about her boyfriend, you sound like a broken record!
你能不能别再提她的男朋友了,你听起来总是喋喋不休!
7. and all that jazz
7.诸如此类
This means that everything related to or similar is included.
这意味着与之相关或类似的一切都包括在内。
Celebrities definitely seem to be starting all the latest trends with fashion, hair and all that jazz.
名人们显然是从时尚、发型和爵士乐开始了所有的最新潮流。
8. music to my ears
8.好消息
When you hear exactly what you wanted to hear.
当你确切地听到你想听到的。
When they read out the results and everyone heard that I got top marks, it was like music to my ears!!
当他们宣读结果时,每个人都听说我得了高分,这真是个好消息!