keep an ear to the ground 保持高度警觉

  对话中的应用:

  A:Congratulations! You've been elected.

  A:祝贺你当选!

  B: Thank you. I'll be a good mayor.

  B:谢谢,我会做一名好市长的。

  A: What should you do for the city?

  A:你要为这座城市做些什么呢?

  B: I'll try to keep an ear to the ground first and then try my best to deal with everything well.

  B:首先我会设法注意人们的想法,然后尽力把一切事物处理好。

 keep one's mouth shut 不要张扬

  对话中的应用:

  A: You look scared today. What's wrong with you?

  A:今天你看上去很惊恐,怎么了?

  B: The criminal told me to keep my mouth shut.

  B:罪犯告诉我不许声张。

  A: Criminal? What do you mean? Didn't you run into...

  A:罪犯?你什么意思?难道你遇到了……

  B: A robbery. The robber threatened to kill me if I told anyone about him.

  B:一宗抢劫案,抢劫犯威胁说,如果我告诉任何人有关他的事,他就加害于我。

  A: Don't be afraid. Let's call the police. They'll help us.

  A:别害怕,咱们给警察打个电话,他们会帮助处理这件事的。

推荐文章

2016初三中考英语每日一练(第九天)

  一、单词识记:  愚弄 戏装 空的 露面 精疲力竭...

中考英语完形填空:欧洲各国的电话购物法

For several years, American...

评论区(暂无评论)

我要评论

昵称
邮箱
网址
0/200
没有评论
可按 ESC 键退出搜索

0 篇文章已搜寻到~